In this 3rd appointment, we present & analyze our software SHARK, for the design, calculation & simulation of air/water or water/water liquid chillers & heat pumps, air conditioners, close control units, multifunctional units, condensing units, evaporating units, remote condensers and any type of special project which includes a refrigerant cycle.
With SHARK, the design of a new unit is intuitive and quick. You can start from a template
Or create an empty project, dragging and dropping the components. It all happens in a graphical environment where the designer can draw the layout of the unit by dropping the required components of the new unit, such as evaporators and condensers (air, plate or shell & tube), compressors and fans (axial and centrifugal, even EC fans), with just a click.
Then, for each component, the designer can choose from a vast archive of models from the bestselling manufacturers like Copeland, Bitzer, Alfa Laval, Onda, just to mention a few. Finally the software will quickly identify the balance point of the system and provide detailed information about each component’s performance.
It is also possible to:
- Create Excel tables of performances at different temperatures
- Customize technical report with all input data, calculated results, and a simple BOM in Word Format
- Store customized exchangers (coils, plates, shell & tubes), fans (axial and centrifugal), compressors, etc. in a network database server
- Partialize the unit/ESEER: setting the operation of each individual compressor/fan for each step of operation, support for scroll compressors (ON/OFF) and screw (1 – 100%), simu-lation of the unit at any step of operation, ESEER and IPLV calculation, calculation of capacity table type ESEER customized, possibility to partialize the fans with a regulator at variable flow (Variex).
UNILAB SHARK performs the calculation of:
- the operation point of the complete unit with direct cycle, reverse refrigerant cycle, reverse hydraulic cycle
- operation point of a portion of the unit: evaporator and compressor, compressor and condenser, fan and condenser, fan and evaporator
- compressor capacity, total capacity, absorbed power, fans absorbed power, total absorbed power, compressors EER, fans EER and total EER.
- refrigerant side: components (shell & tube exchangers, plate heat exchangers, coils heat exchangers) and their piping – here a quick glance at freon-side pressure drops in the refrigerant cycle pipes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ01girgoW8 )
- air side: fans, heat exchangers, air filters.
Latest additions have been analyzed in a separate article: here we briefly report all available extra modules!
- We have introduced TURBOCOR compressors in Shark (on request)
- We have enabled the refrigerant R32: HERE THE AVAILABLE REFRIGERANTS
- We have introduced Microchannel condensers in Shark (on request)
- Shark is recently available in Russian (on request)
We also remember all the current additional modules that can be enabled on demand:
- Energy package: SEER, SCOP, SEPR (vuoi saperne di più? http://www.unilab.eu/articles/technical-articles/thermodynamic-engineering-articles/seer-scop-sepr/)
- Enabling of flooded evaporators: insertion of models and calibration, based on a list of models (agreed with the customer)
- Enabling Inverter Screw Compressors (Variable Speed)
- Enabling Scroll Inverter Compressors (Variable Speed).