With this first appointment we start a short column of our blog, to illustrate the main features and news of our software in preparation for the appointment of CHILLVENTA 2018. The first software analyzed is our best seller: UNILAB COILS (http://www.unilab.eu/heat-transfer-software/unilab-coils/ ), for the design and rating of finned pack Heat Exchangers
UNILAB COILS is the most advanced software for the calculation of finned pack or smooth heat exchangers, the result of almost 30 years of experience in the HVAC industry, validated by experimental data and tangible customers’ satisfaction. UNILAB COILS contains the thermodynamic and thermo-physical properties of more than 1000 fluids, including the newest refrigerants, like R1234yf, R1234ze, R449A, R32 and more, constantly updated from the latest version of the REFPROP library by the NIST. Compared to laboratory tests, the results of UNILAB COILS regarding capacity and pressure drops achieve the highest accuracy, enabling you to certify your Coils heat exchanger by Eurovent or AHRI at the first attempt! Available in 3 versions, COILS adapts to your needs, allowing you to manage and enrich an archive of fans & compressors, to make a refrigeration cycle project, and to quickly generate catalogues and performance tables. You can also perform a partial condensing calculation, and calculate Coils without fins, Coils with external mixture outside of the tubes, a Run-around Coil system, and even a heat exchanger series! (check the features on each version!)
Here the main strengths of UNILAB COILS!
- Accuracy: Coils’ results are the most reliable and accurate, as confirmed by over 300 satisfied customers in more than 60 countries, currently 63, to be precise!
- Versions: 3 versions; Standard, Professional, Enterprise: a modular structure, adapted to the needs of any company! And if you need many licenses, the Company License is the best for you!
- Geometries: Coils allows you to insert new geometries, with an easy to use wizard, and to import them directly in the project you are developing!
- New refrigerants: Have you ever heard of R32, R449A, R1234yf and R1234ze? Of course, you do. Coils has included them in its refrigerants archive. And there are many more! Coils is based on the NIST Refprop library, and contains an extensive list of fluids, freons and gases in its archive, and the user can add many others!
- Warnings: The software, through warnings, suggests quick changes that can make your project perform better, and guides you step-by-step in changing key inputs for the efficient performance of the designed Coils H.e.!
- The calculation modes: Heating, Cooling, Condensation, Direct Expansion, Steam, Pump Evaporator, Partial Condensation. Do you need more? With Coils, you can calculate smooth tubes Coils, Coils with fluids outside of the tubes, N-M recuperators and Coils in series.
- Languages: what happens when an important customer on the other side of the world needs your Coils specifications in a short time? You can’t translate all the printouts and the results on your own, can you? Coils does it for you: you can work on the project in your native language, and at the end, change the language of your printouts with one click. Russian, Chinese, Japanese: yes, Coils can speak many languages!
- Refrigeration cycle: Coils allows you to calculate an air air refrigeration cycle in a simple way! Just enter the projects of the evaporator and of the condenser, insert the compressor by choosing from a wide archive, and you’re good to go!
- Multi-project analysis: Coils allows you to analyze and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Calculation of manifolds: manual or automatic calculation, also considering different materials.
- Certifications: Need support to get AHRI or EUROVENT certification on your Coils? We can help you!
- Easy, Coils’ little brother: Easy allows you to save time: the design of the circuits, or feeds, of a Coils H.e. is a long activity. Easy makes it immediate, both in manual and automatic mode. Plus, you can see your Coils H.e. in 3D, and export the drawing into the most popular CAD formats!
…. and many more.
Discover the advantages and features of UNILAB COILS by contacting our sales team, and join the Unilab world!
Next stop: EASY! And don’t forget to visit our booth in CHILLVENTA 2018.
UNILAB @ CHILLVENTA 2018 – HALL 7, BOOTH 121 16-18 October, 2018, Nürnberg, Germany. Save the date!