Here we are on the second part of our quick AHRI guide! Before reading the following text, we always suggest you to carefully consult the General AHRI OM which you can find in the AHRI website. This is just a quick guide to provide you a general idea on how the process works. The first article is here!
Are you planning to certify your products? Do you have any questions? Our technical sales team will help you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The AHRI procedure applies equally to both the applicants (1st time appliers) and the participants (companies already in the program).
What should the applicant communicate to AHRI?
Here the main 4 items you need to communicate to AHRI (as per AHRI ACHC operating manual, point 2.1)
- Coil physical data per ASHRAE 33
- One test report for each BMG
- Applicable Rating Calculation AHRI 410 Form
- Copy of Applicant’s Selection Rating Software
By BMG, AHRI means BASIC MODEL GROUP, so the product which needs to be certified, the geometry.
Coils physical data & one test report for each BMG means that the manufacturer making the certification request to AHRI must have already made private tests.
At this point, AHRI’s certification activity begins, so AHRI verifies in the laboratory whether the coils comply or not: how?
- AHRI makes a selection with the applicant’s software, and asks the applicant to send the selected coil to the AHRI laboratories.
- At this point AHRI will perform the laboratory tests, and will compare the measured results with the data declared in the software and calculated.
- If the deviation is in accordance with (Section 6.4 AHRI Standard 410. 3.109), i.e. a deviation of 5% on capacity and 10% on pressure drops, the coils h.e. is declared compliant, and the BMG is certified.
Upon passing the test, the certified performances retain the right to be included in the AHRI Directory and no further action is required from the Applicant/Participant.
What happens if the test fails? Stay tuned, we’ll see next week!
We remind you Unilab provides on demand the optional service in order to help customers obtain AHRI certification. Unilab is not involved for the bureaucratic iter of AHRI Certification. But we have solid experience in this field, having already helped a lot of companies to pass AHRI certification! AHRI requires the preparation of certain activities, needed to pass AHRI certification, and Unilab offers this service on demand, with small extra charge. This service is essential for you because it allows you receive a constant support from our engineering department!