In today’s episode, we take a look at a CHILLVENTA EXCLUSIVE: UNILAB ROOFTOP is Unilab’s newest technical software, developed for the design and simulation of air/air Rooftop units!
Rooftop is the result of our experience in the design, rating and selection of AHUs, and in the simulation of Chillers, Heat Pumps and any project containing a refrigeration cycle, experience confirmed by the great success of Smart-Air and Shark!
This tool, starting from a template, allows you to manage mixtures with 2 air flows, completely different air flows, dampers and recuperators!
The simple graphic interface allows an intuitive and quick design of a new Rooftop unit. The designer can design a Rooftop unit with or without rotary heat recuperators. In case of units with rotary heat recuperators, an intuitive template helps the user design effectively the unit. For units without a rotary heat recuperator, the user can simply draw the layout of the Rooftop by dropping the required com-ponents, such as air evaporators and condensers, scroll compressors and fans (axial, centrifugal, even EC fans), with just a click.
For each component, the designer can choose from a vast archive of models from the bestselling manufacturers. Finally the software will quickly identify the balance point of the system and provide detailed information about each component’s performance.
In UNILAB ROOFTOP, all the heat exchangers’, compressors’ and fans’ libraries can be easily upgraded; specific guides help the user insert the component’s data and eventually calibrate it. The software allows you to calibrate units and components only at one nominal point, and uses the engine from our best selling UNILAB COILS, the most accurate and reliable on the market !
It is also possible to:
- Create Excel tables of performances at different temperatures
- Customize technical report with all input data, calculated results, and a simple BOM in Word Format
- Store customized coils heat exchangers, fans (axial and centrifugal), scroll compressors, etc. in a network database server
- Set the calibration of the system for each specific component type
- Consider fans & compressors with variable speed (inverter compressors available on demand at an additional cost)
Factors can be applied to adjust the calculation:
- duty factors/pressure drop factors at the level of the unit
- duty factors/pressure drop factors at the level of the single component.
- fouling factors.
UNILAB ROOFTOP performs the calculation of:
- operation point of the complete unit with direct cycle & reverse refrigerant cycle.
- operation point of a portion of the unit: evaporator and compressor, compressor and condenser, fan and con-denser, fan and evaporator
- compressor capacity, total capacity, absorbed power, fans absorbed power, total absorbed power, compressors EER, fans EER and total EER.
- Pressure drops:
refrigerant side: components (coils heat exchangers) and their piping
air side: fans, heat exchangers, air filters.
USE A TEMPLATE (WITH ROTARY)
OR DRAG & DROP COMPONENTS (WITHOUT ROTARY)
TO DESIGN YOUR ROOFTOP UNIT!
Discover Rooftop and other Unilab Software at CHILLVENTA, in our booth, from 16th to 18th October 2018, in Nuremberg, HALL 7 STAND 121. Contact email@example.com for an appointment!